Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Let it snow!

Strange title for it not even being fall yet right...WRONG!  It has not happened yet but there are slight chances of snow in the forecast for this weekend and I am so excited about it.  Next week the weather is supposed to be back in the eighties which is one of the reasons I love Colorado so much.

Monday we had a pretty standard night nothing too crazy just bath night to get the layer of grime off of the boys.  I am not sure it worked but supposedly they are clean.

Tuesday was school night at Chik-Fil-A' so we all piled in after work and went to get some chicken... The boys always like it there since they have the play ground which Sarah and I like as well as it gives us a chance to let all three go without too much supervision though we always have an eye on them.  We were supposed to have soccer practice on Tuesday also, however, due to the city spaying for mosquitoes they cancelled practice for the evening so instead of running straight to practice we went to Costco to get a few things before heading home.  Costco is like our home away from home....Sad yes, but non-the-less true.

Since soccer was cancelled on Tuesday they moved it over to Wednesday so that was our night.  It was really nice weather and as usual Tanner and Ridge had a good time playing at the play ground during Weston's practice.  The hard part with soccer is it kills the entire evening so we get home and it is pretty much books and bed....bummer.

Thursday we got a little rain and we were supposed to take Weston to his regularly scheduled soccer.  So being the great dad I am I made the rain more than it really was and decided to keep the boys home and watch a movie instead.  In my defense it was sort of cold and dreary and the playground would have be soaked.  A wet playground with a five year old is no big deal but a wet playground with an almost 18 month old = no fun.  Weston did not seem to mind either as he always loves watching movies.  We watched Maleficent, which I did not pay as much attention to as I should have so I can not tell you if it was good or bad.

This weekend I was off to our churches Men's Retreat for the weekend.  While I was very excited to go to the retreat with my good friend Leigh I was slightly bummed because my brother was not able to make it.  One of the down sides to living in Colorado is being so far from family; I am sure Sarah feels that way too, but they are many good things to counter the bad.  Such as, the ability to walk outside without bursting into flames then melting to the ground like you do in Arizona.  The retreat took place just outside of Fraser, Colorado, and wow was it pretty.  With all of the Aspen trees changing color for the fall there was this bright orange explosion of color in every direction.  The weekend as a whole was really good; we went through lots of good discussions, and had a lot of good fun as well.


The Zip Line

In my absence Sarah took the boys to their soccer matches which apparently went very well.  Both boys won their games and Tanner even scored a couple of goals for his team; not too shabby for his first game of the season.  Weston played a lot of defense as usual and really made an effort to attack the ball.  I am really proud of them both.

Sunday was pretty relaxed; Sarah had a photo shoot and there was a Broncos game on so I turned on the game and sent the boys outside to play.  As I watched the game and did various other things I would check on the boys frequently.  When I first put them out they were happy a clams goofing around... 2 minutes later.




They were not only happy as clams, but just as wet too.  They really were having a good time with those water guns.  I guess I need to be more careful about checking to see if there are weapons of mass destruction in the back yard prior to setting the kids loose.  Unfortunately, I eventually had to end the fun and send them all to get baths.


No comments: