Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year New Post

Well it has been almost two months since my last post and I started the last one out saying I might slow down a tad.  I guess I lied, slowing down meant stopping.  I do have a good reason though, in addition to getting back into school to complete my bachelor's degree I also took a new job at work as the Director of Information Technology.  This was very exciting for me as I have been working toward this position, but now that I have it I am feeling the pain of growth.   Boohoo I know.

Sarah's photography business is doing well with lots of fun themed shoots about the holidays.  The other night she was getting the props all setup and wanted to test it all out.  We both went downstairs leaving the boys upstairs while we prepared the shoot for the boys.  While we were in the basement suddenly Sarah noticed water pouring out of the top of the basement window sill.  Instantly we both thought a pipe had burst so I ran up stairs and outside to check but all looked well.  We were puzzled as the water just stopped pouring from the ceiling.  So we finished setting up the shoot and I went to get the boys from upstairs.  I grabbed Ridge and found his pants were soaked, it was then I remembered that as I started coming back up from the basement I seen a piece of evidence.



This lead me to the idea that there is a heating vent in the kitchen that is located directly above the window with the leak.  I grabbed exhibit A and went to the vent but it was totally dry no signs of water.  I looked into the laundry room and found exhibit B.


Which lead me to the crime scene.






Ridge had dumped the entire bowl of dog water down the heater vent in the laundry room which must slope down toward the basement window where all of the water escaped into the basement.  Fun times.

In addition we also we discovered we have rats in our house....Well one rat to be specific, it weighs about 20 Lbs and goes by the name of Ridge.  He finds his way into the pantry periodically and eats his way into our packaged foods.



 Anyway aside from the water mystery last year ended well with many trips to Costco we celebrated Thanksgiving here in Colorado with my mom and dad.  We took the kids to the Denver Museum of Natural History and hung out there for a couple of hours.  That was a lot of fun and really entertaining for the kids.  I think the Dinosaur exhibit is what really caught all of our attention.  That and the discovery zone which, was a whole bunch of cool gadgets and features for the kids to play in; like a giant water area and a wall of tracks they could send balls through yanking levers and what not to manipulate its path.


Little bear's dad.

Fun with sand

My little paleontologists.

Really cool water exhibit.

Tanner loved turning this crank that sent the balls up to the top of the track.

Tanner hated waiting for a turn.

We also made a trip up to Red Rocks which was a new destination to my parents and myself.  If you have never been to Red Rocks it is a trip worth venturing.  Just outside of Morrison Colorado it is a massive rock formation that was made into an amphitheater and now holds concerts and shows.  It overlooks Denver which is a fantastic view, one day I would like to go to a concert and see it at night.

Hitchin a ride


More Stairs!

More more stairs


Then of course there are all of the Christmasy fun things to do....

Erie Santa and Mrs. Clause

Is she threatening me?

Oh maybe she just really likes fist bumps...

Uhhhh to much sugar!

Yum! Ridge did not get very far on his house before devouring it.

Letters to Santa (didn't we just see him?)


Selfies after the company Christmas party in downtown Boulder.



Another big event for us was Weston turning 9 years old.  This year we opted for a birthday party at a local bowling ally which was a blast for the kids.  Weston was nice and invited 3 of his friends who had younger brothers the same age as Tanner who were also invited.  It was a fun day for both boys.


Weston...The Bowling King!

Bowling ally + hands in your mouth = Flu

Tanner bracing Weston


Tanner likes candles I guess.

Well I guess that is it for now, I will try to get more up more often.  I hope everyone out there had a great Holiday season and a happy new year.




No comments: