Thursday, August 18, 2011

Weston's First Day of Kindergarten

Weston's first day of Kindergarten was GREAT!! He was so excited to go and so was I (for him).
(No tears here.) The new school is beautiful!! I will be doing a "Kindergarten Photo Session" with Weston next week and I'm excited to take a couple more pictures at the school. It is very exciting to be apart of a brand new school. I know there will be bumps along the way but so far the staff and parents have been wonderful. I went to the PTO coffee meeting this morning and met a few of the other moms. I am really looking forward to being involved in my kids school years. Erie reminds me so much of Pleasanton (where I grew up). I really do thank my parents for moving us to Pleasanton and sacrificing what they did so we could grow up in a good community. Quentin and I have a lot of great memories of P-town. I hope my boys understand this one day also. After being here almost two years I have no regrets (will miss family but we knew that was going to be apart of it). I'm excited for my boys to grow up here and attend schools here. I have hopes of them choosing colleges here also but we have a while before that. So, happy first day of Kindergarten Weston. 
I love you and I'm so proud of you. 








Tanner wanted to be just like his big brother today and even sat down in class to join the activities. I do not think this will ever change. He looks up to Weston so much!! 



Backpack loaded with school supplies. 




 Grandma Fran was here to take Weston to school also and I think that was pretty special. (Mom, I know you will be here one day to see this too.)

He walked right in, hung his backpack up, and did what his teacher asked. He was very eager for today and he said he had a great day. 



Last minute I decided (I asked him first) he should ride the bus home. He was very excited. I decided it would be best to avoid school traffic and with Tanner's nap schedule. 




Weston asking me if he can ride the bus again tomorrow. :) I think he is going to have a great Kindergarten year. 






No comments: